Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Queen is Dead

I just saw this literally 15 minutes ago and my eyes almost rolled out:

Designer Alexander McQueen Found Dead
Flamboyant British Fashion Icon an Apparent Suicide at Age 40


I LOVED Alexander McQueen, even though I could never afford anything from his regular line (that 4-hole crystal-encrusted skull knuckle ring clutch at upwards of $2000? If I had the money, I'd take the dive). That whole Braveheart-esque fall '08 tartan collection of his had me drooling as much as the time I first saw Mel Gibson naked in Braveheart. Don't forget that whole quasi-nude Victorian extravaganza which had some fashion editors' La Perla thongs in a bunch. I was always hoping that someday I'd actually have the cash for something similar to that fantasy clutch--you know how designers often repeat themselves--but the moment I saw that headline it was a total facepalm.

We'll miss you Mr. McQ. No one else can really fill your tartan stilettos.

No comments:

Post a Comment